JIA offers a Great Start Readiness Program – providing a high quality pre-kindergarten program!
Michigan’s Great Start Readiness Program (GRSP) is offered at Jefferson International Academy (JIA), using research-based High Scope curriculum to prepare children both academically and socially for success in school. GSPR provides high-quality, tuition free, pre-kindergarten education for four year old children. This early childhood program will prepare your child to be successful in kindergarten and beyond. Experts agree that children who have quality early learning experiences are better prepared to be successful in school and throughout life.
Is my child the correct age?
- Children must be four years old, but not five years old, on or before September 1 of the current school year.
Is my child eligible?
- GSRP eligibility is primarily based on income. Over-income families may be eligible but may need to pay a fee based on a sliding scale. Please contact the school office if you have questions.
What can I expect?
- A credentialed teaching staff whose primary focus is on the development and growth of each child.
- A classroom with ample space that is divided into specific learning areas that interest children to encourage them to explore and learn.
- An active learning environment throughout the day to strengthen what children know and can do.
- A daily routine that includes time for children to plan, carry out the plan and then talk about their activities both in large and small group setting.
- A schedule that includes indoor and outdoor activities, meals and a snack.
How do I apply?
- Call the school office at 248-682-5000 to check availability.
- OR stop by the office to add your child’s name to the applicant list.
Jefferson International Academy – 60 S. Lynn Ave, Waterford, Michigan 248-682-5000
Great Start Readiness Program