Dear Parents/Guardians of JIA Students:
Please be advised that Jefferson International Academy (JIA) will cease operations at the end of the current fiscal year (6/30/18). Given this information, there are two questions that need to be answered. Where will my child go to school and How do I get my child’s school records?
Where will my child go to school?
Click this link for a list of high-quality public schools identified by the district in which they are located. The list includes the school name, address, telephone number, grades served and information on the educational setting. Please feel free to contact any of the schools listed, directly. You might also consider visiting https://www.mischooldata.org and/or https://www.greatschools.org for more detailed information about the schools referenced.
How do I get my child’s school records?
All student records are being held at the offices of Recon Management Group, LLC.
The Transfer of Student Records will be handled through your student’s new school (referred to as the “Forwarding School”). At the time of application and acceptance of your student at the new school, the parent or guardian will complete a student record request form. The Forwarding School will make a formal written request for your student’s records to the office of Recon Management Group.
Note: The Forwarding School will be well aware of this protocol, so please simply provide the new school with the completed request form. All requests for records MUST come directly from the Forwarding School and sent to Recon Management Group,
30400 Telegraph Road, #472, Bingham Farms, MI 48025.
As you continue to manage this transition, should you have any questions, please contact Dr. Ruff at (248) 505-5409 or Ms. Alexander at 269-598-9990.
Jefferson International Academy provides your student with…
- a rigorous curriculum in the core content areas, PE and Health;
- delivered by highly qualified teachers and guided by an experienced leadership team;
- opportunities for parents to be active “Partners” through the Parent Partner Program;
- small class size with technology integrated into each classroom;
- character education that includes a bully prevention program to develop a well-rounded child;
- services to meet the needs of all students.
- dedicated science, technology, engineering & mathematic (STEM) class for all students K-8
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.